Monday, November 2, 2009

Healthy Focus WOD 11/02/2009

Sorry about the weekend off. I was crazy busy. I hope you all were able to accomplish some good workouts. I tackled a whole lot of TGU's last night with a mile run, pretty sore today.

We have 25 days, after today, until that 5K run. Lets get it done! If you have not completed that application do so as soon as you can so it is on that calendar. The applications can be turned in at the park district, completed on line or completed and given to Kim at the next meeting. Making that commitment is the biggest step.

As for the WOD's for the next 25 days I am going to post the Prison Workout. I started this workout last time when my friend Lou posted it but did not get through day 6. My schedule was crazy. It still is but I am going to find the time, only 20 minutes a day is needed to complete this. I need to make that commitment myself, 20 MINUTES!!

As for the running portions of the WOD's. Those of you who are running have been pushing 30 to 45 minutes. That is fantastic and hopefully all you need to complete that 5k run. As we push through these PWO's do not forget the running/walking. Remember the PWO are for only 10-20 minutes a day, there is still time to run. The PWO alone will help you with your endurance but putting some pavement under those feet is still critical. Continue to push yourself to a faster walking pace or holding that run pace for a longer time until race day!

No comments:

Post a Comment