Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Hard Routine

What is the diet? We each have different eating downfalls. For me, it's chocolate chip cookies and sugar free iced vanilla coffees from MCD's. Healthy eating choices are critical to
making body changes. The diet is what you make it. For me, I'm avoiding those above two favorites and am going to eat broccoli everyday. I am limiting starches such as pasta, pizza, and potatoes to only a few meals per week, pizza only once! I will also limit bread and those fast food trips because of the hectic schedule. I am also making efforts to add leafy vegetables and nuts every day. But those are MY rules. You need to come up with your own! I'll help you.

Should I keep a journal? Absolutely!! Keeping tabs on your food and your activity holds one more accountable. We have said this time and time again! It can be as detailed as you
are willing to make it...but keep it realistic. If weighing your food on a kitchen scale is your plan, that's a big commitment. Maybe tallying calories is even too much. I find it really hard to write in "large McDonald's chocolate shake" on my food journal. I find it harder to write down 1160 calories!!! Also, keep a log of your workouts. It keeps us all honest, and tracks progress too.

This sounds challenging. No kidding! If it were easy, everyone would look like the cover model. Make the commitment to be healthy. It's for two months.....

1 comment:

  1. I commit to give up chocolate and limit my coffee
    I just hope people wlll still like me as I'm scared to death!

    ReplyDelete